Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Weekend Getaway!

I survived. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated but I made it through my first weekend away from Allison. Charles and I finally got to take our anniversary trip that we had to postpone due to Allison getting sick. We had so much fun just 'catching up' and spending some quality time together.  Allison got to spend lots of quality time with her grammy (my mom) and I hear she was a perfect little angel. Um...Duh She's my kid! ;)


photo 2 (2)

Saturday night after Charles got off of work, we headed to Austin to the Intercontinental Hotel. It was pretty swanky, not worth the $300/night price tag in my opinion but thankfully we got it for FREE and it ended up being quite lovely. The Intercontinental hotel is located in the heart of Austin on Congress street, steps away from the Capitol. As you can imagine fancy restaurants on every corner and well, we ended up at a pizzeria. So us.


photo 1 (2)


We did a little bit of window shopping the next morning during our hunt for coffee and came across this precious little red car. I'm pretty sure if Allison were old enough to actually use it Charles would have bought it for her. She's so spoiled.


photo 1We had breakfast at the Magnolia Cafe before heading to Canyon Lake. I can't forget to mention the Migas Charles had at breakfast...he loves migas and quite liked theirs. If you're ever in the mood for breakfast and end up in downtown Austin, I highly recommend the Magnolia Cafe.


photo 2


As we headed out of Austin we made a few pit stops on the way to Canyon Lake, obviously we had to stop at Super Target and Cabela's. We even got to see "Winnie-The-Pooh". We are so easily entertained, we may go back  to take Allison to see the animals.


We also couldn't leave without getting Allison this adorable little Chocolate Lab. Isn't he cute? Want to know what makes him even cuter? He doesn't pee on my floors!


photo


I tried really hard to get Charles to buy me an Uncle Si action figure. Apparently I'm not a child and don't need awesome toys anymore.


photo



Our forth or fifth pit stop of the day, I lost count by this point, was to Wimberly. Such a cute little town with shops and yummy frozen yogurt.


photo 3 photo 4


And now the highlight of the trip.... The Tiny Texas House! Isn't it adorable! I'm so glad I returned the hammock I bought Charles for our anniversary once I found this little gem. I highly HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a quiet getaway. They are called The Homestead Cottages! Super cozy and quaint and the perfect little hideout from our busy lives. photo 5 photo 1 (1) photo 3 (1)photo 2 (1)



I would call our first weekend away from Allison a success on both venue, company and the fact I didn't cry. Score.


No comments:

Post a Comment