Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful

As we come upon Thanksgiving I thought I'd share what I'm thankful for!

I'm thankful for My lord Jesus. In a society that no longer has a place for Christ I find it a daily struggle to stay connected to my faith. I am thankful that I serve a forgiving God who loves me no matter how much the world fights me.

I'm thankful for my sweet, sweet husband. I couldn't have chosen a better partner in crime or a better father for Allison. He continues to amaze me with his incredible work ethic and his genuine love for our family.



20131127-090233.jpg

I'm thankful for princess Allison. What a ride the past almost 8 months have been. I can't remember what I use to do with my time before she became apart of our world and for that I am thankful.

20131127-090452.jpg


I'm thankful for my parents. Being a parent myself I am surprised at how incredibly difficult raising a child can be. I know I was and am not the perfect daughter but I'm thankful for my parents love and support.

I'm thankful for my brother and sister. No we haven't always gotten along or see eye to eye but we have grown to become good friends. I am thankful that our parents raised us to know that without family you have nothing.

I'm thankful for my job and awesome boss. My boss believed in me and took me in when no one else would.

I'm thankful for our home.

I'm thankful for our friends and extended family! Especially Kara and Christopher who continually bail me out when I need someone to watch Allison so I can have 5 minutes of quiet!! I'm also thankful for Ashley and Lydia who I have to confide in and get mommy advice from.

I'm thankful for being blessed with material objects that are not necessities.

Last and certainly not least I'm thankful for the health of myself and my family. I'm excited that we get to share this special holiday together to celebrate our thanks. What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Especially the part about Christ and the society we live in today, so very very true. Thank you for sharing! The Butts family is super thankful for such wonderful friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.......you just made your mom cry!! God is great and wonderful ..............He has blessed us all beyond our imagination! I thank Him daily for the three wonderful children He gave your father and I..........and I thank HIm for His continuous blessings! He added great joy to our family when He lead you to Charles.....and with that we were blessed with a beautiful little angel! For this I am Thankful..................

    ReplyDelete