Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Veggie Pizza

Charles and I could eat pizza for literally every meal but our pants would rather us not! So I finally decided that it was time to branch out and try some healthier alternatives to our favorite foods. This idea is obviously not new but I thought I'd share our version! 


Ingredients 

Whole Wheat Pita Bread or Flat Bread

Pizza Sauce, we love Classico Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce

Mozzarella Cheese

Toppings of your choice (we went with red bell peppers, olives, & jalapenos!) 

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 400°F. While preheating, start assembling your personal pizza!The possibilities are endless.  This is a great activity for those exuberant little sous chefs I know you all have! ;) Once you've loaded your pizza it's time to put it in the oven. I used our round pizza stone but you can use a regular baking sheet or even place them right on the oven racks. Set your timer for 10 minutes and wah-lah! A quick and yummy favorite the whole family can enjoy! 

I'll admit it's still not as healthy as a salad, but it's better than all the bacon, sausage, and pepperoni I usually load mine up with. *drool* 





No comments:

Post a Comment