Monday, March 23, 2015

Allison's First Trip to the Beach

I love the beach. Charles does not. Translation: Allison is almost two before she got to experience the beach. I'm not going to lie, it was perfect to wait to take her. She had so much fun and was able to talk with me about the different things she saw! Have I mentioned how much I love this age? Her personality is really starting to bloom and she is starting to  be able to carry on conversations with Charles and I.  


We woke up yesterday and as much as I wanted to lounge around and do nothing, I was itching to get some fun one-on-one time with my love. Plus the weather was decent and I realized we finally live close enough to the ocean to just hop in the car and go, so why the heck not? 
The best part about going to the beach before 10AM, no one else is there! It was so relaxing and fun to chase each other around without having to weave in and out of people or worry about our stuff getting stolen. 



Allison was a little super nervous about the actual water. Towards the end she finally let me hold her, basically upside down, so that she could "wash" her hands, but she wouldn't stand in it or even go near it unless I was holding her. She loved when I held her and kicked the water every where...my legs are still sore. 



Drawing in the sand with her fingers turned out to be her favorite thing. ever. oh and building sand castles! She kept telling me "Sofi" (Sofia the First) and patting her castle! The sea gulls also took up a good chunk of our conversations...the "e-gulls" were pretty fascinating. 

We hope you all had an excellent weekend and an even better week! 

Happy Monday!




4 comments: