Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Husband's a Coffee Junkie

I have always known that Charles likes loves coffee, but yesterday it was taken to a whole new level. When I got home there was this toaster oven looking contraption sitting on the counter and an over zealous husband awaiting me...we were about to roast coffee. Let me preface this whole story with, I. HATE. COFFEE. Unless, it has milk, sugar, caramel sauce and lots of whipped cream. Caramel frappucino anyone? I guess this is one of those times where I will roast coffee with my honey just because it will make him happy! So that means he's going to Zumba with me right? Anyways...here's our first coffee roasting experience. P.S. This has to be done outside or the smoke detectors will go off and then the cat will hide and never come out.


photo 1



First you take green coffee beans, put them in the wire basket contraption thing and  throw it in the toaster oven roaster.


photo 2 photo 3


Then you pick your setting...apparently there are many different combinations. I have no idea what any of them actually do let alone mean since roasting coffee and being a coffee snob connoisseur  is not my calling in life. Now cupcakes on the other hand...where do I sign up?


photo 4


The finished product! I think he's pretty pleased with his new toy. Not to mention, I have been assured that the initial investment will far out weigh the cost of constantly restocking the coffee supply in our house. $3/lbs compared to $9 for 12oz...I love saving money! Roasting coffee with my handsome hubby, enjoying the cool fall weather and snuggling with this little cutie makes for one happy home! :)


photo 5

1 comment:

  1. What a deal.......Charlie looks like he's in hog heaven!!! He's so cute, he makes me smile :)
    And little Miss Allie sitting up straight and tall.......she makes me smile too!!
    And of course MY.. baby girl makes me smile! :) :) Love you ALL!!!!

    ReplyDelete