Saturday, October 5, 2013

Wisconsin & Chicago Vaca.

Let me start off by saying, Allison is an absolute trooper. Despite being the recipient of none other than a lovely ear infection, 103 degree fever and  a cold hours before we took our first family vacation and plane ride to Wisconsin, she did ahhmazing. Seriously, I know adults who whine more than she did.  Thankfully, I cried more than she did on and off  the plane and we all made it through the week. Barely. The week was full of wedding festivities which kicked off with Allison and I holed up in the hotel trying to break her fever while Charles, Christopher & Kara went and met Rachel's brothers.


familypretty baby


The non-rehearsal, rehearsal dinner at Rachel's aunts house was next on the schedule. Delicious brats and a fever free babe for even a couple of hours was the perfect ending to an other wise sick baby filled day. Thank God for Motrin. We even got this gem of a picture...isn't she just so beautiful. I'm in love with her little jeans.


usjosh & rach


Saturday was the wedding, Don't we look so fancy...this is probably the first time that I have actually dressed up since Allison was born. I have to admit, it was nice to feel pretty for once. I normally don't give two flying farts about how I look, but every once in a while it's fun. Isn't Josh's face priceless? So excited we got to see the 'first-look'. Rachel looked absolutely beautiful. We are excited to welcome her to the family. I just realized we don't have any pictures of Allison from the wedding?! I guess I should find Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Joe and see if they have any they can send me. Way ta go mom, geez. She looked beautiful as always though. Promise. 
gma & gpa b


Another fun part of our trip was that Allison got to meet her great Grandma & Grandpa B for the first time. I think she kinda likes them ;). Since she was sick, she didn't get to spend too much time with them but I know they enjoyed the little time together that they had.


The last leg of our trip was to Chicago where we spent two full days vacationing...literally doing nothing. It was fantastic.
allie


Allison thinks she's hot stuff. Can't blame her for thinking that. I mean look at her. Yes I realize I will seriously regret the head inflation when she's in her teens, but for now...she's a perfect little princess.


Allie & Mommy


At Millennium Park in Chicago.  A big giant mirror, bean.  Her day was made.


Daddy & Allie during our lunch break. Those smiles make my heart melt.


preciouskissesLearning to give kisses at Bubba Gumps on Navy Pier. The food was less than mediocre but the company was superb.


lake michigan


All-in-All, the trip was decent. Not as relaxing or enjoyable as it could have been but despite all of the illness, grumpiness, and stress we had a pretty good time. Also, I don't understand why people think it's such a hassle to travel with a baby. Sure it's more difficult than just taking care of yourself but it definitely isn't as bad as what people make it out to be. The trick...pack only carry on's, and buy diapers, wipes, food & formula there.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment